Begin a new future that's all about you.
Your Caring Way is a new program of services that focus upon carers wanting to pursue their own goals, like a totally new career.
Carers change lives in so many ways and whilst a selfless act, we understand that carers need to realise their own dreams too.
Now we’re here to support you in identifying and achieving your own goals in life.
We’re here to listen, assist in learning, and ultimately create a step-by-step plan towards achieving fulfilment in your own life.
We are here for you.
You are at the heart of what we do, and we are committed to be there for you, from start to finish.
Our Vocational Coaches will provide you with ongoing and individualised support to ensure you are connected, empowered, and on your way to success.
- Plan – A coach will work with you to create a personalised plan based on your own life goals and aspirations.
- Grow – Gain the skills you need to fulfil your goals through a range of study, training, or on-the-job opportunities.
- Achieve – Whether it’s employment, volunteering, or even further study, we will help you to live your best life.
To register for our program you need to meet the following:
- Current unpaid carer or past carer (within the last two years)
- Reside in either Queensland, Tasmania, or South Australia
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Seeking an outcome of either employment, education, training, or volunteering
- Of legal working age, no longer at high school, and looking to study or work
Your Caring Way is free for those who meet the eligibility requirements of the program.
We offer free employment services and subsidised training options for unpaid carers.
Are you a carer?
If you provide unpaid care and support to family members or friends who have a disability, mental illness, chronic condition, terminal illness or who are frail aged, you are a carer.
Across Australia, there are 2.7 million people providing unpaid care for a family member or friend, however, it’s estimated that up to 79 percent don’t identify as a carer.
Click below to learn more, or you can download the Are You a Carer flyer (PDF).